1. Ring Sling – Babywearing occurs daily here. I typically push Benjamin in a stroller when we’re out and about but I almost always use our Raspberry Baby Ring Sling when traveling to and from the car or when a stroller isn’t necessary. We live on the third floor and it’s imperative that I use the sling traveling up and down the three flights of stairs. I like the extra support on my back and I feel that Benjamin is more secure when he’s wrapped close to me. It also allows me to be hands free and able to carry quite the load between our apartment and car! The one we have is starting to wear so I’m looking to replace it. I really like this Teal Lake one as well as Rust.
2. Diapers & Wipes – I’ve sort of given up on doing the wipe refill thing. Call me lazy. Now I just throw in the disposable ones. A couple months ago we switched to the Up&Up brand by Target. I’m not the hugest fan of the wipes (they’re a bit too soapy) but we’ll use them. I do love the diapers though! We haven’t had a single blowout *knock on wood* since switching to them.
3. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment – Benjamin has allergy related eczema and we use this for that as well as the first appearance of a diaper rash. Works wonders.
5. Munchkin Arm and Hammer Diaper Bag Dispenser – For those smelly, poopy diapers when you’re out on the town. It’s the nice thing to do.
6. Handmade Burp Cloth – I made a bunch of burp cloths while I was pregnant. I can honestly say I’ve never used any of them for spit up. We just didn’t really have that issue. I do use them ALL THE TIME to keep Benjamin’s face clean when he’s eating. They’re soft and absorbent. Love ’em.
7. Snacks – We love Plum Organics! These snacks go hand in hand with Baby Led Weaning, especially now that Benjamin is able to feed himself the pouches [with very little help]. They have a large variety of products and so far he seems to love them all. He especially loves the pouches. They’re kind of on the spendy side so I’m always on the lookout for good specials! His favorite is Plum, Berry, & Barley. He also likes the Little Yums [spinach, apple, & kale] Organic Teething Wafers and Super Puffs in any flavor.
8. Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets – We just started using these last week and I really don’t know what the heck we were waiting for. His first eight teeth were a breeze in comparison to these molars he’s working on! The teething tablets have definitely been helping to ease his pain.
9. Bug Spray & Sunscreen – We use California Baby Bug Repellant and Sunscreen. Besides having a great name (after all he was born in California) these products are 100% vegan. The sunscreen is tear free and mineral based. It’s really thick so he looks a little blue when I put it on him (Ha!) but that’s okay! I use a sunscreen stick on his face. The bug repellant is absolutely necessary here in the South to combat mosquitoes!
10. Boogie Wipes – I don’t like using soapy baby wipes on our hands or face unless as a final resort because a lot of the time they leave a subtle sticky residue. Enter Boogie Wipes. These are fresh, smell great, and are much better on those crusty faces than a regular tissue. Winning.
11. Stroller Blanket – I like to keep a thin blanket in the diaper bag or car to use on Benjamin in his carseat or stroller. I also like to have it when we’re visiting people so he has something to sit on when he’s eating a snack. Kind of like his own personal picnic blanket. [Chartreuse Polka Dot Blanket c/o Carlymegan]
12. Bib – We have a few go-to bibs and this is one of my favorites. It was handmade by Lisa Congdon several years ago and stored away for my future baby.
What are your diaper bag essentials?
Don’t forget to enter to win a soon to be released Wild Boys Clubhouse shirt from Loved by Hannah and Eli! You can enter every day. Giveaway ends Saturday at 11:59 pm EST.