Hi friends! I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve had a chance just to write and update you on everything happening with me. In order to stay on top of my crazy schedule I have to keep very organized, even when it comes to blogging. This means that most of my blog posts are scheduled in advance so that I’m always ready with fresh content and can share so many great companies with you. It takes time to review and photograph products so having this schedule really helps me with that as well. The last couple of weeks have been so exciting for me and I’ve been dying to share the good news!
- Last week Babble named Love, Joleen one of The Top 20 Baby Photo Blogs of 2013!! My blog is among some very talented bloggers and I am so honored to have been included. Thanks, Babble!
- The voting on Top Baby Blogs ended on Friday and we finished #37 out of nearly 500 baby blogs! Thank you! Would you please vote for us today and every day you visit? We’d sure appreciate it!!
- I am still working furiously on my new website for Joleen Pete Photography. I hope to have it ready to share by the end of the month. For now, you can keep apprised of information and see session sneak peeks on the Joleen Pete Photography Facebook page.
- I am going to be collaborating with the talent behind InkSpot Workshop and Fire Hydrant Press so look for more exciting news about that in October!
- I have very limited openings for sessions in October/November. If you are interested in a Family Session for the holidays please be sure to contact me soon to schedule! I am always available for Newborn and First Birthday/Smash Cake Sessions.
Sunday I had a photoshoot for a super cute doll company called Sophie&Lili of their new line of dolls for North American Bear Co. It ended up being the perfect morning for shooting – cool and overcast. The girls were just the absolute cutest and so fun to work with! Here are some of my favorite photos from the shoot:
Edited to add:
Susan, of Freshly Picked, shared this today and I am so inspired by it (and her!). As a mother and an entrepreneur, my time and focus is shared. You can’t do it all. You have to prioritize and it’s a constant struggle of balance. I know that some of you think I do it all (because you’ve said as much to me) but that is not the case! I do keep busy but in exchange I often sacrifice things that aren’t as important to me. I rarely get to putting away clean laundry and the dishes are often in the sink for two or three days. But my family is happy. My son and I stay involved with friends and get outside whenever possible.
I do have big dreams for my businesses – blog + photography – and am constantly looking for ways to improve and expand my brand. God has blessed me with so many incredible opportunities this year and I know that this is just the beginning. I’m excited to see how everything evolves as we grow as a family and business. Thank you for all your continued support and love through my endeavors. Seriously, it means everything to me!
Make it a great day!!