If you’ve known me for any length of time, you know that I love lists. Goal lists, grocery lists, to-do lists, party planning lists. Lists, lists, lists. Rifling through my purse or laptop bag, strewn across the dining room table, on the kitchen counter, and all over our office — you guessed it; lists. Last Fall I shared our Atlanta Bucket List, and this year I’ve decided to create a Summer Bucket List for the entire family! In no particular order, here are twenty things I hope to accomplish this Summer:
Visit new splash pads.Atlanta is chock full of them! Watch fireworks.This will be our first year since Benjamin was born!
- Stay up late + watch the stars. I’m talking blanket and pillows; the whole experience.
- Make s’mores. Some more of what? You’re killing me Smalls!
Take Benjamin for a special “toddler experience”.Toddler day at any of the museums, petting zoo, fair, etc. ✓ 05.29.15 Toddler Takeover Event + The New Mo Willems Exhibit Eat from a food truck.Visit one of the many food truck Thursdays/Fridays and go to town.
- Visit the farmers market.
- Complete a 5k. Every year Ben does the Peachtree Road Race, and Benjamin and I cheer him on. This year I want us to do one run/jog/walk as a family.
- Have a dance party.
Create an elaborate family picnic .✓ 06.28.15 [here]
- Take Benjamin to a Summer Children’s Series movie.
- Toss water balloons.
- Go to a movie/concert in the park.
Take a road trip.Already planned! We’re driving to D.C. in July. Host a pool party/playdate.
- Read all the books on my Summer Reading List. Okay, so this one is for me, but I’ll add “regular library visits for the whole fam”.
- Visit Zoo Atlanta before it gets too hot. Check out a free family pass from the library!
- Dance in the rain.
Host a sidewalk chalk/painting party with friends.✓ 06.17.15 [here]
- Visit the beach. Any beach!! *insert Cali girl whine*