We had an opportunity to check out Atlanta’s newest and most innovative play space in Buckhead, at an event last month. We had such an amazing time that I knew right away it’s where we wanted to host Benjamin’s 7th birthday party! Hands down, Kefi is the best birthday party location for kids in Atlanta. First, I’m going to give you all the information you need before your family visits to play, membership information, and birthday party package options. Then, I’ll share specifics about Benjamin’s Minecraft-themed Beat Box Bash at Kefi!
This post is sponsored by Kefi, who generously hosted Benjamin’s birthday party. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
What You Need to Know About Playing at Kefi
I cover a LOT of Atlanta family events and venues… and I’m going to venture to say that Kefi is definitely the coolest play space for kids. It’s pretty awesome for parents too, actually!
The thing that has blown me away about Kefi in both our experiences so far, has been the team members. From the employees at the front desk, to the Playsmiths, to the Event Coordinator and Party Host.. even the employees in the gift shop! — Every one of them has the best attitude. They’re friendly, helpful, and so engaging for the kids. This is one of the things about Kefi that really sets it apart from other play spaces. Here are some other things you need to know about playing at Kefi:
- Kefi offers unstructured & guided play for kids, ages 1 through 12. They offer weekly classes, after-school made easy, as well as drop-off play and date night opportunities.
- Their play experiences change weekly.
- Special features like fall-safe flooring, security play bracelets, and Playsmiths (the early childhood experts who guide kids and keep them safe) in every room allow kids to freely and safely move about the space. They call it “free range play”.
- Parents! You are going to love the private lounge and co-working spaces at Kefi. Get work done in a quiet space, and trust that your kids are having the time of their lives. Live TV streaming from each play space so you can sneak a peek at what they’re up to!
- Xander coffee shop is open 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for drinks and snacks.
- Kefi is open Monday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Visit the website for holiday hours.) A 2-hour play pass is $14.99 for kids. (Babies 11 months and younger are free.) Adult passes are $7.99.
- No special socks required. Kids will keep their shoes on. Special play space for young toddlers and babies. Wheelchair friendly.
Kefi Membership Information
If you live in Atlanta, a Kefi Membership is the way to go! Members can visit up to 2 hours each day, and have access to extra features such as a dedicated line upon arrival, 10% discount at Xander, Kefi Studios, and on additional passes purchased, 4 guest passes a month, AND …. Exclusive access to birthday parties!
A Kefi Membership is currently $99 per month, and includes one child, one legal guardian, and one additional adult. Additional family members can be added for $20 per month.
So, just to reiterate, you have to have a Kefi Membership to host your birthday party there. It is worth it!! Here are all the deets:
Kefi Birthday Party Package Options
Kefi’s Birthday Party package starts at $499 for up to 24 children. Additional children can be added for $9.99 per person. This includes 90 minutes to spend in the play space, party room, and Kefi Studios. You will have a dedicated party host (we had Brande, and she was awesome!!). Your host will take care of all the set up and clean up. Plates, cups, utensils, and any other paper goods needed are provided. Catering services available. Your party will include guided fun with a Playsmith in the play area of your choosing. Your party will end in Kefi Studios!
There are 3 fun party play experiences to choose from, including Storycave Shindig, Scientist Soiree, and Beat Box Bash!
Beat Box Bash
Is it any surprise that Benjamin chose the Beat Box Bash for his 7th birthday shindig? These kids had a BLAST!!! Their Playsmith, Brad, played upbeat dance music, there were lights, and so many options for creating fun sound. They even had the Beat Box room set up with light-up tamborines, hats, necklaces, and pom-poms to add to the festive vibe. The kids had a private dance party and jam session in this room for about 30 minutes of the party.
Kefi Party Room
After the Beat Box Bash, we headed to the party room that was set up for Benjamin’s birthday. They had this awesome digital sign set up to let our guests know which room was ours. Our party host, Brande, had the room completely ready to party in! They have several catering options available. We purchased a Chick-fil-A platter and drinks from Xander. For the adults, we also purchased flavored sparkling waters and coffee service.
We commissioned Benjamin’s Minecraft birthday cake from a local baker who a friend of ours uses. It turned out absolutely perfect! We also commissioned Yummy Delicious Cookies by Deb again this year for custom Minecraft cookies! I’m going to share more about the Minecraft decor and treats in another blog post soon!
In the party room, the kids were greeted by this robot dog on the screen. Oh my goodness — what an absolute HIT! These kids were cracking up!
Visit to Kefi Studio
After snack and cake, the kids lined up to head out to Kefi Studio, for the final bit of fun. Here, they broadcast “Happy Birthday!” on the green screen, and Benjamin’s friends were invited to hop on stage and dance with him!
Thank you so much to everyone who came out to celebrate Benjamin! You made it such a special day for him!!