It’s no secret that I love Halloween, but there is something I love even more, and that’s Disney. Pair the two and that’s what I call magic. I teamed up with over 20 Disney, DIY, travel, and family bloggers to share the best of our Halloween Disney experiences, tips, costume ideas, and crafts.
UPDATED Oct. 10, 2017
Disneybounding and Disney Halloween Costumes
Whether you and your kids are trick-or-treating around the neighborhood or attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party, a big part of the fun is wearing the perfect Disney character costume. Here are some fun ideas to get inspired:
- Dress up in a character-inspired outfit like this Never Grow Up tee, with a handmade hat and belt, for a simple Peter Pan costume. Simple and comfortable for walking your favorite Disney Park or wearing to school for a Halloween party.
Learn all about Disneybounding. I shared the rules and my tips for Disneybounding after our trip to Walt Disney World last Christmas.
Find more tips and inspiration for Disneybounding adult outfits on Sarah in the Suburbs.
Halloween is here and how darling is this Minnie Mouse costume? Visit Busy Little Izzy for DIY inspiration in creating costumes with tutus. So sweet!
Family costumes are so much fun! Princess Turned Mom shared 7 best Disney family Halloween costumes, such as the characters from Toy Story and Peter Pan. Here’s another super cute family dressed up as the characters from Peter Pan, including Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc on Viva Veltoro.
Mama’s Geeky shares DIY costumes for one of her family’s favorite Disney XD shows – Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.
Tips from the Disney Diva shares Aladdin and Jasmine costume ideas.
- Little girls and boys who love super heroes, are going to love these Captain America costumes via The Patricios. Also check out this ADORABLE Baby Groot costume from Marvel’s “Guardian’s of the Galaxy” from Kiss my Tulle.
|Photos courtesy of Busy Little Izzy, Princess Turned Mom, and The Patricios|
Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
We had the opportunity to visit Disneyland last year, the first day it was decorated for Halloween. Quite the transformation takes place at the Disney Parks for the holidays. Check out this Halloween transformation video from Walt Disney World. As many times as I have been there, this was my first time seeing it Halloween-ready. So much fun! I loved the huge pumpkin Mickey at the entrance and how the characters were all wearing costumes. We got lucky and Benjamin was able to meet and pose with Skeleton Goofy.
- You can enjoy the spooktacular transformation through the end of the month. Check out “The Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Halloween 2017” on Lipgloss and Crayons. She shares the scoop on Disney Halloween food, decor, and fun additions to your favorite attractions.
- Looking for a Disney Halloween bucket list? Visit Mommy Mouse Clubhouse for a great list and promo code for $10 off your Disneyland vacation package.
- As if you need them *wink*, here are 13 reasons to visit Disney in the fall from Imagineered Vacations. I don’t know about you but I can get down with #3 – cooler weather.
|Photo courtesy of Lipgloss and Crayons|
- Family Review Guide shares a family guide to Halloween time at California Adventure, as well as 20 spooktacular things to eat in California Adventure. Yum!
- Headed to Disneyland and Mickey’s Halloween party? Check out The Patricios experience. I am also loving these photos of Halloween at Disneyland Disney California Adventure.
|Photos courtesy of Family Guide Review and The Mommy Mouse Clubhouse.|
Walt Disney World
|Photos courtesy of Sarah in the Subvrbs, A Princess and Her Pirates, and Mama’s Geeky.|
- First timers at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will want to check out these top ten tips from A Princess And Her Pirates. These tips are so good and helpful. I will definitely be referring to this list when we go!
- For more great tips and gorgeous pics, check out Merlot Mommy’s 5 Tips for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
|Photo courtesy of Merlot Mommy|
- Learn how to maximize your visit with these Halloween party tips from Sarah in the Suburbs. I loved her tip on planning your purchases!
- Mama’s Geeky helps you make a plan to make it to all the 2017 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Character Meet & Greets.
- Simply Today Life put together this awesome Allergy Free Guide to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
|Photo courtesy of Mama Cheaps|
- For The Ultimate Guide to a Halloween Disney Cruise (and some amazing photos!) visit Mama Cheaps.
DIY Disney Halloween Crafts, Sweets, and Decor
|Photo courtesy of The Farm Girl Gabs.|
- The Farm Girl Gabs invites you to “show your Disney side (and crafty side) this Halloween with these adorable Disney inspired Pumpkin Ideas“! These Disney pumpkins are truly something special! I’ve got the Areal inspired one pictured here, but you’ve got to check out Cinderella. This DIY Halloween project is truly magical!
- Fans of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas are going to want to check out these DIY Oogie Boogie Inspired Trick or Treat Bags from Mama’s Geeky. Who knew a spooky villain could be so cute?
- Or you might want to make this Jack Skellington Sharpie Mug from The Farm Girl Gabs. Love!
- Help your kids decorate their trick-or-treat bag with this eraser-stamped Mickey “Boo to You” DIY.
- And YUM! You’re going to want to make (and eat!) these Jack Skellington Macarons from Big Bear’s Wife.
- Cutefetti helps you recreate Disneyland and Walt Disney World Halloween wreath decorations, with her simple-to-follow DIY Mickey Halloween Wreath Copy Cat. She’s also shared a DIY Halloween Mickey Ghost Copy Cat. (via Pinterest)
- Hosting a Halloween party or need a fun sweet treat to share with your child’s friends? Check out this recipe for Disney Halloween Mick Ear Witch Hat Cookies via Jamonky.