Originally published Oct. 2017; Updated Sept. 2019
It’s no secret that I love Halloween, but there is something I love even more, and that’s Disney. Pair the two and that’s what I call magic. I teamed up with over 20 Disney, DIY, travel, and family bloggers to share the best of our Halloween Disney experiences, tips, costume ideas, and crafts.
Disneybounding and Disney Halloween Costumes
Whether you and your kids are trick-or-treating around the neighborhood or attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party, a big part of the fun is wearing the perfect Disney character costume. Here are some fun ideas to get inspired.
Is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Worth It? (2019 UPDATES)
via Five for the Road
- Dress up in a character-inspired outfit like this Never Grow Up tee, with a handmade hat and belt, for a simple Peter Pan costume. Simple and comfortable for walking your favorite Disney Park or wearing to school for a Halloween party.
- Learn all about Disneybounding. I shared the rules and my tips for Disneybounding after a trip to Walt Disney World.
- Find more tips and inspiration for Disneybounding adult outfits on Sarah in the Suburbs.
- Be Boo from Monsters Inc.—such a cute and simple Disneybound idea via really, are you serious?
- Halloween is here and how darling is this Minnie Mouse costume? Visit Busy Little Izzy for DIY inspiration in creating costumes with tutus. So sweet!
- Family costumes are so much fun! Princess Turned Mom shared 7 best Disney family Halloween costumes, such as the characters from Toy Story and Peter Pan.
- Here’s another super cute family dressed up as the characters from Peter Pan, including Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc on Viva Veltoro.
- Wreck It Ralph is one of our FAVORITE Disney movies. See Vanessa Craft posted such a cute DIY Wreck It Ralph Halloween costume for Dad. Be sure to complete the family look with the Fix-It Felix Halloween costume and Vanellope Halloween Costume. Love, love!
- Mama’s Geeky shares DIY costumes for one of her family’s favorite Disney XD shows – Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.
- Tips from the Disney Diva shares Aladdin and Jasmine costume ideas.
- Little girls and boys who love super heroes, are going to love these Captain America costumes via The Patricios.
- Also check out this ADORABLE Baby Groot costume from Marvel’s “Guardian’s of the Galaxy” from Kiss my Tulle.
Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
5 Reasons to go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
via Simply Bessy
Disneyland is SO fun and festive decorated for Halloween. Quite the transformation takes place at the Disney Parks for the holidays. Check out this Halloween transformation video from Walt Disney World. As many times as I have been there, this was my first time seeing it Halloween-ready. So much fun! I loved the huge pumpkin Mickey at the entrance and how the characters were all wearing costumes. We got lucky and Benjamin was able to meet and pose with Skeleton Goofy.
- You can enjoy the spooktacular transformation through the end of the October. Here is an in-depth comparison of comparison of Oogie Boogie Bash Disneyland & Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party via Disney Wishful
- Looking for a Disney Halloween bucket list? Visit Mommy Mouse Clubhouse for a great list and promo code for $10 off your Disneyland vacation package. (Updated Sept. 2019)
- As if you need them *wink*, here are 13 reasons to visit Disney in the fall from Imagineered Vacations. I don’t know about you but I can get down with #3 – cooler weather.
- Family Review Guide shares a family guide to Halloween time at California Adventure, as well as 20 spooktacular things to eat in California Adventure. Yum!
- What happens when it rains at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? Here are the best tips to make the most of your family’s Disney World visit via Raising Whasians.
Walt Disney World
- Disney Cruise First timers at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will want to check out these top ten tips from A Princess And Her Pirates. These tips are so good and helpful. I will definitely be referring to this list when we go!
- For more great tips and gorgeous pics, check out Merlot Mommy’s 5 Tips for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Learn how to maximize your visit with these Halloween party tips from Sarah in the Suburbs. I loved her tip on planning your purchases!
- Simply Today Life put together this awesome Allergy Free Guide to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
- For The Ultimate Guide to a Halloween Disney Cruise (and some amazing photos!) visit Mama Cheaps.
DIY Disney Halloween Crafts, Sweets, and Decor
- The Farm Girl Gabs invites you to “show your Disney side (and crafty side) this Halloween with these adorable Disney inspired Pumpkin Ideas“! These Disney pumpkins are truly something special! I’ve got the Toy Story 4: Forky inspired pumpkin pictured here, but you’ve got to check out Cinderella and so many more. This DIY Halloween project is truly magical!
- Fans of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas are going to want to check out these DIY Oogie Boogie Inspired Trick or Treat Bags from Mama’s Geeky. Who knew a spooky villain could be so cute?
- Or you might want to make this Jack Skellington Sharpie Mug from The Farm Girl Gabs. Love!
- Help your kids decorate their trick-or-treat bag with this eraser-stamped Mickey “Boo to You” DIY.
- And YUM! You’re going to want to make (and eat!) these Jack Skellington Macarons from Big Bear’s Wife.
- Cutefetti helps you recreate Disneyland and Walt Disney World Halloween wreath decorations, with her simple-to-follow DIY Mickey Halloween Wreath Copy Cat. She’s also shared a DIY Halloween Mickey Ghost Copy Cat. (via Pinterest)
- Hosting a Halloween party or need a fun sweet treat to share with your child’s friends? Check out this recipe for Disney Halloween Mick Ear Witch Hat Cookies via Jamonky.
I hope these ideas help you to show off your Disney side this Halloween!
PIN TO YOUR DISNEY AND HALLOWEEN BOARDS