I love birthdays and planning my Benjamin’s each year brings me incredible amounts of joy! Here are photos from his first Vintage Storybook birthday party, his second Mickey Mouse birthday party (oh twodles!), and third Peppa Pig birthday party. This year, we discussed themes for months. At one point Benjamin suggested an “aquarium” party — but not where we would go to the aquarium; I would somehow create real water with fish everywhere in the decor. Ummm. Needless to say, I jumped all over this theme when it was thought of. It was basically inspired by location. We’ve been spending so much time in recent months at our local nature centers and thought it would be perfect if we did a theme like this.
The first purchase I made was the birthday boy’s outfit. Obvi.
We took a chance and decided not to book the actual nature center for our event, and instead prayed it wouldn’t rain or be too cold or windy for the little ones to play. It ended up being an absolutely gorgeous day! So many friends/vendors helped make this party so perfect! I’ll link everything down below. A special thank you to my husband, for all the gorgeous party photos!
Perhaps my favorite part of the party came after cake. I had printed out “treasure maps” using the online map I found of DNC. The kids got a big hit out of this and we all got to work off some of the birthday party sugar!
- Location: Dunwoody Nature Center; Dunwoody, Georgia
- Photography: Benjamin A. Pete Photography | The Truth Renaissance
- Custom Artwork: I cannot express how incredible this artwork is from our friend, Matt. This will be framed in Benjamin’s room for years to come! Mateo The Inker
- Peter Pan Cake: This was our third year in a row with a special cake from my friend, Lori/ Sugar Bair. She’s so talented! The cakes always look and taste amazing!
- Custom Cookies: We have used Deb/ Yummy Delicious Cookies by Whimsical Originals for every one of Benjamin’s birthdays! We even took a Mickey Mouse 2 cookie to Disneyland once!
- Favors: I purchased Peter Pan Little Golden Books for each family on Amazon, as well as the green ribbon. I made the tags myself after being inspired from ones I’d seen on Pinterest.
- “Lost Boy and Girl” Felt Masks and Peter Pan Hat: Jessica from All About Kraft is so talented! You’ve got to check out all the felt creations in her shop. I cannot wait to add more to our collection.
- Signage, Garland, and Treasure Box: The leaf garland and tree slab blanks were purchased in the party section of Target. The blank treasure box was found in giftwrap. I did all the lettering and NEVERLAND bunting. My bestie and I spent 6 hours bejeweling the heck outta that box. Ha!