This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NurseryMusts #CollectiveBias
It is definitely the season of babies when it comes to my friends and family! Two of my sisters and two more of my very good friends are currently expecting. In fact, I will be co-hosting all of their baby showers, so I guess you can say I've got babies on my mind. I recently headed to
my happy place Target, since it's a one-stop shop for all things baby related and the #1 place for baby registries. In fact, we had a registry there when I was pregnant with Benjamin! The aisles were very well organized and everything I was looking for was easy to find.
After having Benjamin, I realized what was truly useful with a new baby and what wasn't really a necessity. I know it's super fun to buy all those itty bitty clothes (and there are plenty of cute baby outfits to choose from at Target) but mamas really need the essentials. Here is my list of 6 baby must-haves and baby shower gift favorites:
1. Playtex Baby Nurser Bottle(s) - I was really excited and passionate about breastfeeding Benjamin, but in the early days it made me feel sad at times, that only I could feed him. The Playtex Nurser with Drop-Ins simulates the same suck, swallow, and breathing patterns as breastfeeding. I think they're a great option for those of us who want to pump so that our husband/loved ones can also share in this intimate, bonding experience. The Most Like Mom® NaturaLatch® Nipple has a natural wide shape and a raised texture which helps baby latch on naturally. Winning!
2. Playtex Nurser Drop-Ins Liners - Obviously, an extra set of Playtex Nurser Drop-Ins Liners is super useful! Whether my friends use breast milk or formula, I know they will appreciate this extra set of liners, which are made to match the size of the bottle. The liners simulate the breast as the baby drinks by gently collapsing, preventing air from getting into the milk, which also helps to reduce colic.
3. Receiving Blankets - You can seriously never have too many! I love these bright prints and the soft flannel texture is soft on baby skin. It's nice to have a variety of blankets -- some gauzy and stretchy, and others, like these, which don't stretch. They're great for a good swaddle or even to grab as a burp cloth if in need. The smaller size makes them perfect to keep in a diaper bag or stroller.
4. Diapers - I don't know a parent alive who doesn't think the gift of diapers is just the bee's knees. Skip the Newborn size and get sizes 1, 2, or 3. We used Target's Up&Up brand when Benjamin was younger. They work great and are at an inexpensive price point to boot. Bam.
5. Wipes - What are diapers without wipes? My advice is to stick to unscented when giving as a gift, just to be safe. Any size would be appreciated but for this particular gift basket I chose the travel size. I wanted to pick things that would be easy to use on-the-go.
6. Diaper Genie Complete - Last, but certainly not least, is the Diaper Genie Complete. We actually didn't have a Diaper Genie with Benjamin but I've used them many times as a nanny in years past. This NEW Diaper Genie Complete is the most advanced Diaper Genie system yet. The Ultimate Odor Lock system features a 7-layer refill bag with double Air-Tite® Clamp and the built-in carbon filter helps to absorb those stinky diaper odors. It's super easy to use with a foot pedal so that you don't need to touch the pail and you can now change the bag with the front tilt bin. Can you even believe that it can hold up to 270 dirty diapers?! I'm definitely recommending that my friends add this to their Target registry, as I think it's a must-have and the perfect baby shower gift.
It's all about the details, isn't it? Gift packaging is everything to me and the awesome thing about putting together a baby shower gift basket like the one pictured above, is that everything (even the basket) is functional. With the exception of the Diaper Genie, all of the items I shared in this blog post fit perfectly in this storage basket which I bought for just $3 in Target's "Bullseye's Playground" area. I love that it can also be used for storage in the new baby room!
What are your baby must-haves and shower gift favorites? Am I missing anything that I should definitely add to this gift basket?