For the last ten years, I have been creatively writing out and sharing my yearly goals. [Sidenote: when I think about the fact that I've been blogging for ten years, it makes me feel really old!] This is my third year deciding the theme [or "one little word"] for the year. I love the idea of choosing a word for the year that you "can focus on, meditate on, and reflect upon" periodically. [2013; 2014] I thought it was only fitting to followup last year's OLW "discipline" with DEVELOPMENT. Once I decided my word, I jotted down a few related words in a makeshift definition [discipline, responsibility, engage, teach, and grow], and I wrote the areas of my life that I wanted to develop (hint: everywhere). Now that we're nearing the year's halfway point, I thought I would check in with my 2015 goals. It looks like I have a lot of work to do!RELATIONSHIPS
- Engage in daily devotions
- Establish a church home and attend regularly
Find (a) prayer partner(s)I have invited a group of Christian women friends to participate in prayer with my via text and Facebook
- Become a prayer warrior
- Organize a women's small group
- Dedicate time every day to spend with Christ + encouraging others in their faith
- Complete marriage workbook
- 1-2 kid free dates each month
- Spend "wireless/unconnected" time together regularly (Set aside specific time?)
- Pray together
Go on a romantic getawayWe had our first night away from Benjamin in March, just after my birthday. We stayed at the W hotel in Buckhead, while Benjamin was with my sister and brother in law. It was wonderful!
- Developing + nurturing friendships
Joleen Pete Photography
- Invest in new camera equipment
- Implement "biz reps / referral program
- Develop skill through education / workshop
- Establish business hours in our schedule
- Legitimize business -- LLC? DBA?
- Learn! Grow and teach
- Develop my business members
Achieve Si6I needed to hit Silver in the month of May to qualify for Si6. This didn't happen, but I'm okay with it. I know I will hit this goal eventually.
- Step out of my comfort zone and take chances
Attend conferences/eventsI attended THR!VE [in Nashville, TN] in February, with my enroller and sponsor.
- Create marketing pieces for Mom
- Find ways to engage people
- Reconsider blog vs. social media
- Who is my audience?
- What is my purpose?
- Change last name legally!!!
- Make doctor/dentist appts.
Get pregnant this summerWe have decided to hold off on this for now.
- Make Benjamin a quilt
- Be a good pen pal
No soda in 2015I lasted 6 months, exactly! Exercise regularly
- Continue adopting more "natural living" habits
- Use EOs to regulate my hormones
- Have a healthy pregnancy
- Make clean eating a habit
Do another round of Whole30✓ completed 02.03.15
- Become my fittest self
- How can I grow in my faith?
- How can I bless others?
- How can I use my gifts for the glory of God?
- What do I want to do? Buy? Save for?
How are you doing with your own goals? Are you on track to complete them? Have they already evolved, as some of mine have?