Oh, December, where have you gone to? I could argue that this year was, by far, the fastest year in history. They say that time flies as you get older, and even faster still when you're watching a little one grow, and I would argue that December has to be the quickest of all the months. This December was BUSY and I'm blaming that for why I've only popped in here a few times. #sorrynotsorry
December was a roller coaster of a month. Thank you so much to all the sweet comments and emails following my post "Somebody Pass Me a Tissue, Please". I can't tell you what it meant to me to have your support and encouragement. I felt a weight lift off me after writing that and honestly haven't felt SAD since just a couple days later. I am hoping that it stays away! I've had so much to look forward to and be grateful for this month and thought I'd share this [mostly iPhone] photo wrap up:
- I created a lot this month and being creative always inspires and encourages me. I made Christmas gifts that were well loved and received and I started making custom birthday banners!
- We took Benjamin to The Children's Museum of Atlanta and walked around Centennial Olympic Park in the [nearly] freezing cold.
- We hung out with friends and met new ones via Instagram!
- We used a company I hadn't heard of before called Simply to Impress for our Christmas cards this year, after purchasing a Groupon, and I was really impressed!
- We went outside to play whenever possible and luckily had a few days over 50 degrees to do so. Otherwise we went to the mall playground so that Benjamin could still run around.
- We received the most thoughtful and beautiful gifts this year and many were handmade! I'm obsessed with our new coffee maker and I LOVE my new mug that my mom purchased from Love, Joleen sponsor: A Blue Swallow. My mom also made Benjamin a gorgeous photo quillo, which I will be sharing, in detail, very soon! Perhaps one of my most favorite gifts this year was a complete surprise from my friend Erin of Erin Elizabeth Jewelry. She sent me this beautiful silver necklace with zodiac charms for myself and both my Benjamin's. I love it so much!
- Benjamin and I went to our moms/playgroup Secret Santa Playdate Party just before Christmas. Looking back at the photos from playdates this year, I can't believe how much all the kids have grown. Everyone looks so cute in their Christmas best! Since they're all pretty mobile now, it's become a bit of a contact sport trying to get the obligatory photo lineup but we managed. Benjamin was none too thrilled though. Haha!
- I packed away all of Benjamin's 12-18 month clothing, including all his House of Mia, so that was sad.
- We had some great thrift scores this month, including a couple of loots not pictured!
- I read 3 books in less than two weeks!! Amazing, huh? I'll be posting reviews soon.
- I got my hair cut professionally for the first time in SEVEN YEARS and my virgin hair got a few highlights. I'm loving it!
- Benjamin met with the allergist and we found out that he's allergic to peanuts. More about that in his 12 Months [letter from mama]!
- We went to St. Louis for a week for Christmas. It was my very first Christmas [in all my 30 years] not celebrating with my own family in California but I wasn't sad. Thank goodness for Skype! I was able to see and talk to my parents, nephew, all of my sisters, and best friend. I'll be sharing all of our Christmas in the Lou photos tomorrow!